The Zen supports an Auto mode, where the heating will turn on if the temperature falls below the setpoint, and the cooling will turn on if the temperature rises above the setpoint. Additionally, it has the capability to offer two different setpoints for heating and cooling:
To obtain AUTO, Please try the following in advanced settings:
- Remove the device from the wall and press the CONFIG button five times to enter the advanced menu screen.
- Once you are in the advanced menu, navigate using the right arrow until you see VN appear.
You can change this code to VY, by pressing up or down, and press the center of the device to confirm, and your thermostat should blink to confirm your selection.
- Continue to navigate until you see W7. Note it could also read W and another number. This number is The temperature difference between the cooling setpoint and the heating set point.
- Adjust up and down according to what you would like that difference in setpoint to be. press the center of the device to confirm, and your thermostat should blink to confirm your selection.
- Return your thermostat to the wall and your adjustment will be saved to the device.
Note: Some home automation systems have this integrated into their design through their app functionality. Please refer to them before referencing this change above.