Routines in SmartThings make it possible to have seamless home automation.
What you can do with Routines
Routines has four default phrases:
- I’m Back! : You have returned home (triggers Home Mode)
- Good Night! : You are going to sleep (triggers Night Mode)
- Goodbye! : You are leaving the house (triggers Away Mode)
- Good Morning! : You are waking up and getting ready (triggers Home Mode)
To illustrate: You might want to tap Goodbye! when you leave the house for work. Or, set up Goodbye! to automatically trigger when your Arrival Sensor exits your geofence. The Goodbye! command will tell SmartThings to adjust your home’s lights, thermostat, and other devices based on which configurations you think are optimal when you’re away from home.
Trigger a Routine at any time by tapping its icon in the main Routines view. The app will confirm that the Routine command was performed.
- Tap Routines
- Tap the plus icon
- Tap What do you want to do? and enter the desired text (e.g., Set Zen to 75 )This will be the name of the Routine
- Tap Next
- Configure What do you want to happen? by tapping to set the following options:
- Set the Zen Thermostat to a specific temperature.- in this example 75
- Change the Mode
Your Zen Thermostat should automatically set to 75 once everyone has left the house. You can also manually trigger the “Set Zen to 75” Routine by tapping its icon in the main Routines view.
As you were configuring this simple automation, you may have noticed other, more advanced options. Routines lets you add several restrictions and parameters to totally customize your automatons.
For additional information on creating Automation Routines, please see the SmartThings page: