In order to connect your Zen Thermostat with the SmartThings Hub, ensure your SmartThings hub is connected and setup. You can find instructions on setting up your hub here: Samsung SmartThings Hub Setup
After you have done this, in the SmartThings App.
- Tap Marketplace (bottom right of the app, looks like a dashed star)
- Tap Connect New Device
- The app will say, I’m looking for your new Things… and display a spinning circle
- While the Hub is searching, remove the main display from the thermostat's mounting bracket
- Tap the thermostat's screen to activate it
- Press the Network button on the back of the thermostat 5 times to join
- When the device is discovered, the message 1 Thing Found! will show, and the Zen Thermostat will appear below.
- Tap the device to configure it
- Follow the in-app prompts to configure the device; these will allow you to configure the device to a particular room, and setup some initial routines.
- When you finish configuring the device, tap Done